Each of us plays an important role in fulfilling our health system’s mission: “We are called to make a healthy difference in people’s lives.” Whether you work in direct patient care or in a shared service function, your work truly does touch the lives of our patients.
In the spotlight
Thank you to the employees featured in the video:
- Mary Engels, Director of Organizational Learning & Development
- Missy Francisco-Carlson, Service Excellence Program Manager
- Dr. Wilson Ginete, Interventional Cardiologist
- Dr. David Herman, Chief Executive Officer
- Jill Holmstrom, Director of Hospital Nursing Services
- Peter Jacobson, Regional Senior Vice President
- Martha Jendro, Cardiac Nurse
- Monica Kasari-Delsume, Physical Therapist
- John Kroll, Maintenance Engineer
- Brendan Krupich, Community Paramedic
- Dr. Jennifer Mahling-Stadum, Family Medicine Physician
- JoHannah Orman, Child Life Specialist
- Dr. Ross Perko, Pediatric Oncologist
- Adam Rees, Regional President
- Lynn Severson, System Budget Manager and Controller
Today, we’re excited to celebrate our employees by sharing Essentia’s new employee video “Invisible Thread.” The video was produced by our Marketing & Communications and Human Resources departments and reflects on the connections we have with our colleagues and reinforces the passion we have for working here.
“Every Essentia Health employee brings value to our organization and the people and communities we serve,” says Kristi Schmidt, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer for Essentia Health. “The goal of 'Invisible Thread' is to show how it takes all of us, working together, to deliver on our mission and to provide exceptional care for our patients and their families.”
The 10-minute video, which you can watch below, underscores the responsibility we all have as representatives and brand ambassadors of our health system. It reinforces our mission and our six values – quality, hospitality, respect, justice, stewardship and teamwork. The video also showcases examples of the exceptional care and service delivered by our extraordinary employees.
This is the second employee video our HR and Marketing & Communication colleagues have teamed up on. The first, produced in 2010 and entitled “Here With You,” helped communicate the responsibility we have as Essentia Health employees.
One thing you may notice about “Invisible Thread” is no regions or locations are mentioned. That’s intentional because we are focusing on the fact that we are one organization, one Essentia Health.
The video will be shown at department huddles, new employee orientations, recruitment events and employee forums. Staff who have seen the video in previews call it inspiring and say it makes them proud to work here.
We've attached the video below. You also can find it on:
You can share your thoughts on the video at Marketing@EssentiaHeath.org or post a comment below. There's a transcript of the video below.
Download File (pdf)