Nichole and Kyle Schmidt planned to have their first child at Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Medical Center -- but not on Sept. 26. With a Nov. 9 due date, they figured they had plenty of time to prepare for their baby.
|An Esko couple, Kyle and Nichole Schmidt, discuss their NICU experience in this month's "Essentially You" magazine.
Life changed in the early morning hours of Sept. 19 when Nichole’s water broke and Kyle rushed her to St. Mary’s Emergency Department. A week later, their daughter was born and the new family made their first home in the recently remodeled Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Click here to learn about the remodeled NICU.
The Esko couple shares their story in this month’s issue of Essentially You magazine. Click here for their story.
The issue is being mailed to patients and potential patients in the East Region along with our physicians and staff. Other features include:
- Meet Joan Jeanetta, a breast cancer survivor, who brought the new Survivorship Training and Rehabilitation (STAR) program to Essentia Health. Joan is a rehab supervisor in Superior and Northwestern Wisconsin. Click here.
- How do you talk about children with cancer? Learn how Dr. Ross Perko talks with his young patients, their families and even their friends and classmates. The pediatric hematologist and oncologist recently joined Essentia Health’s Erick Peter Person Children’s Cancer Center in Duluth. Click here to read the story.
- Juliet Funt, a humorist and wellness expert, is coming to Duluth on Tuesday, Nov. 12, to speak on “Redefining What’s Important in the Age of Never Enough.” Her presentation is free as a gift to the community during the celebration of the 125th anniversary of Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Medical Center. Click here to learn more.
- Meet 10 new doctors. Click here.
- Meet 24 new credentialed providers. Click here.
- Check out the Essentia Health Foundation’s annual report. Click here.
- Get a recipe for Craisin Wild Rice Quinoa Salad from Bonnie Brost, a registered dietitian with the Heart & Vascular Center’s Wellness Program. Click here for the recipe.
Find the current magazine and other issues online at EssentiaHealth.org. Click here.
Share your feedback on the magazine with Editor Connie Wirta in Essentia Health’s Marketing & Communications Department. Call her at (218) 786-5258 or e-mail Connie.Wirta@EssentiaHealth.org.